Fertility & Low Light Laser Therapy (PBM)
Photobiomodulation (PBM) provides a possible solution for you if you have been attempting to conceive without success with other methods. This treatment is an exciting, cutting edge, and effective treatment modality for improving your chances at conception.
Trust Your Health to Baltimore’s Best
- Decades of Experience
- A Higher Level of Care
What is Photobiomodulation (PBM/LLT)?
Fertility is a precise biophysiological process of the egg and sperm uniting to begin a pregnancy.
The process is complicated as many physical factors from the male and female coupled with environmental factors can prevent, roll back and deter success.
Photobiomodulation (PBM/LLT) is a medical procedure which increases the chances of success via:
- Improved ovarian function through increased vascular circulation, reduced inflammation and lymphedema.
- Increased physiologic health of the egg by raising levels of intercellular adenine tri phosphate (ATP) in the mitochondria.
- Enhanced fallopian tube function with transportation, reduced inflammation, better circulation, reduced lymphedema, and in general greater tube performance.
- Ameliorating the quality of uterine sites in which implantation occurs.
- Additional factors such as generally improved cellular health of the uterus lining necessary for development of the fetus.
As the American population continues aging the birth rate also steadily decreases. Today, it is more and more common for people to marry later in life. Several challenges facing our population of an advanced age are infertility and subfertility.
PBM increases energy levels in the cells by providing higher quantities of ATP to the mitochondria and accelerates blood circulation to the follicles of the uterus.
PBM for women with severe infertility has been shown great success with a pregnancy rate of 21.7% for those who had at least 4 years of inability to conceive.
In Demark PBM has been used for over 10 years to facilitate successful pregnancies with a 66% success rate for those who had 4 years of failure with other methods. The treatment is believed to reduce oxidation stress and aging to the ovaries. It also increases blood flow to the uterus, ovaries and abdomen. Lastly the treatment expedites tissue healing, eliminates recurring infections, decreases vaginal inflammation, uterus, tubes and ovaries.