It might surprise you to learn that the desire for tattoo removal isn’t new, even though tattoos were once believed to be permanent. Long before Johnny Depp and other celebrities changed their minds about the loves of their lives, regretful individuals employed various ways to try and remove them. But even in the recent past, most tattoo removal methods scarred the skin in ways that were more unattractive than the tattoos.
Check out this brief list of old-timey tattoo removal methods. (Then we will sing the praises of how Sollay uses the latest laser technology to help us rid ourselves of unwanted ink):
- Salt scrub
- Cutting out
- Skin grafts
- Injections (of everything from garlic to wine)
Today, our laser tattoo removal methods are proven, non-invasive, and usually less painful than getting the tatoo was in the first place. And, perhaps surprisingly, the darker the ink, the more completely we can remove them.
While it can take several treatments over a few months, depending on the size, treatments take only a few minutes. But because each tattoo is unique, we tailor a removal plan and timeline to your individual needs. And even if you’ve previously had unsuccessful tattoo removal treatments, our laser therapy can be effective for you.
Here’s a quick look at what you can expect from Sollay’s laser tattoo removal experience:
- First, we will test your skin’s reaction to our laser.
- The laser light is held against your skin.
- The laser light pulses that act to remove the tattoo are said to feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin.
- Depending on the location of your tattoo (and your pain threshold), we may use a topical anesthesia cream or painkiller injection.
- After the treatment, we usually apply ice, anti-biotic cream or a bandage to the area.
With each treatment, your tattoo, along with any regrets, should become lighter. So when it’s time for the tattoo to go, we can help you do it right.
To learn more about our laser tattoo removal treatments and costs, call us today:
(410) 644 -7655